We wanted to advise you of a few important deadlines:
Grant Recommendations & Distributions: December 15, 2023. This is the deadline for this year’s grant recommendations! We know that many of your favorite charities plan big year-end campaigns. Please help us make these critical resources count for your nonprofit partner’s fiscal year by making your recommendations before this deadline.
Please note that grant recommendations made after December 15 (5PM Eastern Standard Time) may be approved and processed early in 2024.
Contributions: December 31, 2023. For your giving to FJC to qualify for a 2023 tax deduction, we must receive your contributions by December 31. Please note that December 31 falls on a Sunday this year, so in some cases we will need to modify our standard practices.
- Electronic transfer recommended. We recommend that cash contributions are sent by credit card, ACH, or wire transfer and received by FJC by December 31. (Please note that ACH transfers can take up to 5 business days to settle, so please plan accordingly). Using electronic payments ensures the most efficient crediting of your account. Please contact FJC for instructions.
- Contributions by check. If you make contributions to your account by check, please note that checks that are sent via U.S. mail must be postmarked by December 31 to qualify as a 2023 tax deduction. Please note that due to the 31st falling on a Sunday, deliveries by other means (such as FedEx, DHL or others) must be received by Friday, December 29.
- Does your financial institution issue checks in bulk? Please note that if you are using your financial institution’s online bill-pay module, certain financial institutions that rely on bulk check processing will arrive at FJC without a postmark. We recommend executing these payments ASAP, because checks without a postmark must be received by Friday, December 29 to count to qualify as a 2023 tax deduction.
Please make note of our office address:
FJC – A Foundation of Philanthropic Funds
225 West 39th Street, 12th Floor
New York, NY 10018
- Contributions of securities and mutual fund shares. These should be made as soon as possible and received by FJC by Friday, December 29. (Please note that the 31st is a Sunday, and markets will be closed over the weekend). Please notify us in advance of the transfer so we can promptly credit your fund.
- Contributions of other assets. Real estate, restricted securities or privately held stock can be made, but require long lead times, so let us know ASAP.
Questions? Contact as at email@example.com.